Thursday 30 May 2013

My journey in Scouting

It was the Summer time , I was a Student of Class 6th standard in  Don Bosco High School, in Amguri a small town of Sivasagar District of Assam. 
A group of Scout Master Came from DBYES, Dimapur, Nagaland for conducting a scout camp at our School. I was very new to this movement as the time passed I grew up as an Emerging Scout in my Small Town.
I Still remember when I had attended the first Camporee (24th to 30th December’2004) of my life at Don Bosco School Bakchung, jorhat, Assam where more than thousand of Scouts and guides from all over north east india were there to participate the Scouting Activities.  
During the Camporee I experienced so many things which I had never had in my life.
I experienced such activities which is useful in our real life, as we know that each and  every field needs discipline so I think this is the Elevating movement.
After gaining Scouting knowledge from the camporee I went back to my School and Started the Scout activities under the Leadership of Bro. Anoop……………..
I had keen interest in Scouting so every time I asked with my Principal that was there any Camp to attend or not, but I always got the answer which made me like pulling away from the Scouting.
One evening I was roaming near the park of LP School I heard some Boys talking something which I couldn’t hear properly but I heard a word Scout and I was in affix that weather I should ask them which I had hear from there mouth I slowly skip towards them and after a discussion I got a Interested group, I decided to conduct a meeting in next month. It was July 2006 when I meet a Tritiya Sopan Boy scout from Twensung Open Scout group of Twensung district, Nagaland. I invited him in the meeting and after some month we started a Open Scout group namely “Amguri Open Troop” on 6th October 2006.
After passing matriculation in 2008 my Uncle asked me to come to Arunachal Pradesh for my higher studies where Scouting was in full swing as I was interested in Scouting I asked a Scout of my Senior Secondary School to give me admission in there troop.
 Mr. B. Sharma Scout master of that scout group asked me some question and enrolled  in the troop, after a few months I was promoted as a Troop Leader and was send for attending testing camp for Rajya Puraskar and was awarded in 2009.                                                                                                             

1 comment: